This is site is retiring 9/30/2020 please visit our new site FHSAA.COM

This website will be retired by September 30th. For the most up-to-date information moving forward, please visit

FHSAA Frequently Asked Question's

Eligibility and Transfers | Allegations and Complaints | Collegiate Athletic Information | Coach Complaints
Officials | Marketing OpportunitiesHome Campus | MaxPreps | Finance | General Membership Questions | Internships


Eligibility and Transfers

What school am I eligible for?

Student-athletes are immediately eligible (as long as they meet all other eligibility standards – including, but not limited to age, limit of eligibility, pre-participation physical exam, GPA, and consent and liability release) at the school in which he or she first attends each school year; the school in which the student makes himself or herself a candidate for an athletic team by engaging in practice or tryouts before enrolling; or the school to which the student has transferred in accordance with s. 1006.20 (2) (a).

Am I Academically Eligible?

Follow our flow chart here.

What forms do I need to fill out if I am an international student?

There are 3 types of foreign students, follow this flow chart to figure out which one, and which paperwork needs to be filled out.


Allegations and Complaints

How do we file allegations of cheating, recruiting or impermissible benefits?

Email our compliance [at] fhsaa [dot] org (compliance department) or fill out the allegation form.

How do we file a general complaint regarding the FHSAA?

Email our publicinput [at] fhsaa [dot] org (PLAC).


Collegiate Athletic Information

I am hoping that my child can get a college athletic scholarship. What can I do to help? What if my student-athlete is being recruited by a college?

Visit either the eligibility page (located under the Parents and Students tab). Or visit the for their free course:  NCAA Eligibility.


Coach Complaints

I am very concerned about my child’s coach, but I fear that a conversation with the coach will lead to retaliation and resentment. What should I do?

The best method is to schedule a face-to-face meeting with the coach and include your child at the meeting. Make sure you are seeking answers to questions that will ultimately enhance your child’s sports experience and what you as a parent can do to assist in that effort. You can also include the Athletic Director at your school, if necessary.

Why doesn’t FHSAA do anything about a bad coach?

By law, all coaches are employees of the school, even an unpaid volunteer coach. Because the coach is an employee of the school and not the FHSAA, the FHSAA offices cannot be involved in the discipline and dismissal of coaches. The hiring and dismissal of coaches is the responsibility of the school and/or district administration.



How do I become a certified official?

Visit the Become an Official page and contact the officials association in your area.


Marketing Opportunities

If you have any questions regarding sponsorships or want to become a sponsor please contact our Marketing Specialist qershock [at] fhsaa [dot] org (Quinten Ershock).



I am athletic school personnel, where can I find information about accessing and using MaxPreps?

Please click here for our help page.


HomeCampus Software

I am athletic school personnel, where can I find information about accessing and using Home Campus?

Please click here for our help page.



Do I need to submit a financial report and, if so, which financial report form do I use for my event?

Click Sanction Fees vs. Financial Report Breakdown.  This chart will tell you which sports have the financial report filing requirement and if so, which form to use. The forms are numbered and are available here.

What admission can I charge for a Football Classic?

The admission price to preseason and post season Jamborees, Classics, Tournaments, Meets and Bowl Games in all sports shall be determined and stated within the contest contract by the host school.

If I have a loss on a Football Classic do I still have to pay the percentage?

Under current FHSAA policy, schools hosting a Football Classic are required to submit a percentage of the gate, even if there was a loss on the event.

Do I have to submit a financial report for my event if I did not charge admission?

If a sport has the financial report filing requirement, then you must submit a financial report for that event. Click here to access all financial forms. Complete the revenue section showing “none”, complete the expense section and submit the form within 30 days of the event. Bowling, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Boys Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting and Wrestling are exempt from the financial reporting requirement.

As a district or regional host with a loss on the event, do I have to distribute a percentage of gross receipts to the participating teams and to the FHSAA?

The policy for distributions of profit or loss on district events with the financial reporting requirement is decided by the schools at the district planning meetings. If the district planning meeting notes are silent as to the distribution, then the standard FHSAA split as shown on the financial report form applies. District and Regional events have a special loss reimbursement policy.  The standard policy allows for a reimbursement to the host of up to $350.00 of a loss. Refunds are automatically generated with a timely and complete submission of the financial report form.  The policy also allows the district or regional host to make up to $250.00 of profit and not make distributions to the visiting school(s) or to the FHSAA.

What is the procedure for requesting the waiver of a financial reporting deadline fine that was assessed to our school?

You must request, in writing (e-mail preferred), a waiver from the Associate Executive Director of Financial Services within 30 days of the date of the invoice. Along with this request, please send any documentation that you feel supports your position. A decision will be made and your school will be contacted. The fine will either be reversed by the accounting department or will remain depending on the outcome. If you receive a waiver on a fine that has been previously paid, a reimbursement will be sent to your school.


General Membership Questions

My school is interested in becoming a member of the FHSAA, what do I need to do?

Reveiwing the information here is a good place to start,  along with completiing the MB1 Form - which is a request for information on new membership. 

Where does the First Time Membership Application become available?

The application process for first-time membership is only available during the Spring Semester each year, and remains open for just one month. The Application will be available via the FHSAA website no later than April 1, 2020 for the 2020-21 school year. The Application must be received in the FHSAA Office no later than April 30 otherwise it will not be processed. This is a firm deadline. Please view the Membership Requirements and Resources page for more information on new membership and for how to prepare the Application Attachments before the Application becomes available.

Where can I find the rules of the FHSAA?

The Bylaws and Policies (a.k.a the FHSAA Handbook) along with other important resources of the FHSAA can be found Here. All of the publications are in electronic format and can be accessed via the FHSAA website.

As an Athletic Director, how do I know when important information upcoming or due?

There are four different ways:

1.     View the FHSAA Printable Planning Calendar.  Available Online.

2.     Check the “Now Due” box on the homepage of the FHSAA website regularly.

3.     Check the Weekly Email News Alerts. It is your responsibility to make sure you are getting these emails. If you are not receiving them, please check your spam folders regularly and/or make sure you have an accurate email address on file with the FHSAA by completing this form

4.     Log onto Home Campus and check the annoucements page regularly. 

Where can I find FHSAA Membership Insurance Requirements?

You can find these requirements in Policy 8 in the FHSAA Handbook.


Does the FHSAA offer internships?

Yes. We currently offer semester long internships to college students (must be currently enrolled), please click here to find out more information.